Slow Roasted Cauliflower and Tuna Salad
*This recipe is not suitable during FFDetox*
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 70g unsalted tuna
- 1⁄3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp sultana raisins
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup toasted and coarsely chopped unsalted almonds
- Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven and preheat to 220°C. Toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Roast for about 45 minutes, until lightly browned and fork-tender, tossing once and turning tray halfway through. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: combine remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, oil, honey, paprika and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and toss with carrots, tuna, olives, raisins, basil and mint. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Arrange on a platter and top with almonds.
From Clean Eating Magazine @cleaneating