Roast Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
- 1 kg Jap pumpkin
- 500 g carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Good pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 litre water or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Peel and chop pumpkin into small chunks and place onto a lined baking tray. Wash carrots and chop roughly with the skin. Place onto a seperate lined baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil between the 2 trays.
- Season each tray with sea salt, pepper and a little cinnamon. Mix the oil and seasoning with your fingers through the vegetables.
- Roast for 40 – 45 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and caramalized.
- Combine pumpkin and carrot into a high performance blender like a Vitamix. Add 3 cups of water and ginger if using. Blend until smooth. Add another cup of water to adjust consistency.
Recipe and photo from The Healthy Chef.