- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 500g of organic tinned or soaked and cooked chickpeas
- 500g broadbeans
- 1 tbs gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-3 garlic gloves to taste
- Other spices that work well cinnamon, turmeric, sumac, za’atar, pepper and salt – all optional and to taste.
- Chuck everything into a food processor and blend.
- If it’s too dry, add in a touch of water to soften.
- Blend again.
- Take a spoonful of each mixture to roll into a ball or a flat pattie (whatever shape really!)
- Heat coconut oil (ghee, butter or olive oil) pan.
- Quickly fry off, until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with a tahini, olive oil and lemon juice dressing and a big side of dark leafy greens.