Greens on Brown Rice
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 bunches dark leafy greens (kale, collard greens or Swiss chard), tough stems removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tspn sea salt
- 1/2 tspn ground black pepper
- 120g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup Brown Rice (if on detox you can substitute rice with two cups of slightly cooked cauliflower blended into “course rice”)
- Soak brown rice in 2 cups of water and a squeeze of lemon overnight. Rinse well.
- Place brown rice and 2 cups of water in a saucepan, cover and put on high heat till boiling boilling point.
- Turn heat down to simmer for 40 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Alternatively you can cook brown rice and water in a rice cooking.
- While rice is set aside place carrots, greens, onions, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper into a large, deep skillet and toss well. Cover and cook over medium heat, tossing once or twice, until greens are wilted and tender for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss with feta cheese and spoon over brown rice.