Ginger Chicken with Winter Greens
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 2cm knob of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 large organic chicken breast halves cut into thin strips
- 6 cups assorted fresh winter greens (kale, collards, mustard and/or chard) washed and chopped rougly
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup julienned carrots
- In a small bowl, combine tamari, ginger and chicken. Let marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Place greens in large pot of boiling water and blanch 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and immediately transfer to ice water to stop cooking and retain color. When cool, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat coconut oil over medium high heat and sauté chicken about 5 minutes until well browned.
- Add carrots, scallions and cooked greens. Sauté another 3 to 5 minutes, tossing to mix ingredients. Serve with additional soy ginger sauce.