Asparagus with Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
* this recipe not suitable while detoxing *
- 700g fresh asparagus stalks, ends trimmed and cut into two pieces
- 2L water and 1 tsp Celtic sea salt (to cook asparagus)
- 4 tsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fill a large pot with water and salt, bring to a boil.
- Trim woody ends off the asparagus on the diagonal. Then cut in half. Each piece should be 3-4 inches long.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and fresh ground black pepper; slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Put trimmed asparagus into the boiling water, stir, and cook 2-3 minutes until asparagus is crisp tender. Drain asparagus into a colander then blot dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the asparagus piece on a serving tray, drizzle lemon-Dijon vinaigrette over, and serve.