* this recipe not suitable while detoxing *
- 1 1/2 cups (175 g / 6 oz) organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (40 g / 1 1/2 oz) organic desiccated or flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (60 g / 2 1/4 oz) flaked or chopped almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil, cold pressed coconut or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or your alternative such as organic maple syrup or yacon, rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine oats, coconut and almonds into a food processor or the dry jug in the Vitamix.
- Add the oil, honey and vanilla.
- Turn on the food processor or Vitamix and mix well for about 15 – 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the water and process again. The addition of water will help the cookie mixture stick together.
- Form into 20 small cookies and place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Flatten down with enough room around each cookie.
- Bake for 20 -30 minutes in a low 150 C (300 F) oven. or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before eating and enjoy.
- Makes 20 delicious Anzac cookies
- Store in an airtight container for 5 days.
Recipe from The Healthy Chef