3 Beans and Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 220g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Coconut or sheep/goats Yohgurt
- Soak quinoa in 2 cups of water with a squeeze of lemon juice overnight.
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain. Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a small pot. Stir quinoa and a pinch of salt into water.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender and liquid is absorbed for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and let cool.
- Put cooled quinoa, green beans, edamame, peppers, kidney beans, tarragon, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss well. Serve chilled or at room temperature with dollop of yoghurt.